Hockey Hall of Fame Legends Classic Online Survey Contest
Rules and Regulations
(collectively, the "Contest Rules")
Please read the Contest Rules in their entirety before entering the Hockey Hall of Fame Legends Classic Online Survey Contest. Please do not enter the Hockey Hall of Fame Online Survey Contest unless you agree to these Contest Rules. You will be deemed to have agreed to these Contest Rules if you provide the information requested Q.14 and are in compliance with the Rules.
1. The Hockey Hall of Fame Legends Classic Online Survey Contest (the "Contest") is operated by Hockey Hall of Fame and Museum ("HHFM"), a corporation without share capital and a registered charity under the Income Tax Act (Canada). The Hockey Hall of Fame located at Brookfield Place, 30 Yonge Street, Toronto, Ontario ("HHOF Premises") is owned and operated by HHFM.
2. Subject to the Contest Rules, everyone who provides the information indicated in Q.14 qualifies as an entrant in the Contest.
3. Subject to the Contest Rules, no purchase is necessary to enter the Contest. Only completion of the survey and entry form, in compliance with the Rules, is required.
4. The Contest is open to all residents of Canada, excluding Quebec, and the United States, except employees, representatives and agents of HHFM and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and contest agencies, as the case may be, and any judging organization that may be retained by HHFM in respect of the Contest, as well as individuals with whom such individuals are domiciled.
5. There is one grand prize to be awarded during the Contest: one (1) Limited Edition print autographed by the 2014 Hockey Hall of Fame Inductees plus five (5) Hockey Hall of Fame general admission passes. Approximate value: $250.
6. Only one entry is allowed per person.
7. The Hockey Hall of Fame ("Hockey Hall of Fame") accepts no responsibility for inaccurate information that has been provided in the Contest by a minor.
8. All entries shall become the sole property of Hockey Hall of Fame. As relates to the Contest only potential prizewinners will be contacted. Potential prizewinners may be contacted by any of mail, telephone or email, and informed of all reasonable arrangements necessary to qualify for, win and claim their prizes.
9. To enter the Contest please follow these steps:
9.1 Answer all questions in the Contest Questionnaire
10. Entries will be processed on a secure industry standard SSL-enabled server as outlined in the 'Security' section of this web site. Neither the Hockey Hall of Fame nor surveymonkey.com assumes any responsibility for tampering, theft, defects, viruses, human errors including gross negligence, deletions, technical or telephone problems, undeliverable messages, computer errors, lost, misdirected, late or incomplete entries or for any online difficulties that may result in damage or malfunction the computer or the failure of surveymonkey.com to process any entry and otherwise award any prize.
11. The Contest is available to all residents of the United States and Canada (excluding Quebec) except employees of the Hockey Hall of Fame, affiliated companies, participating sponsors, contractors, immediate family members of employees of the Hockey Hall of Fame or anyone domiciled with an employee. The Contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. Any Contest entries not complying with any applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws or regulations, as previously stated, will be considered to be null and void.
12. By entering the Contest you agree that the Hockey Hall of Fame may use the information provided to understand your personal interests, and, based on this understanding, to communicate to you information on relevant products or services from time to time by e-mail.
13. You may remove yourself from the Contest and prevent any further communication from hhof.com by sending an email with the subject line: REMOVE to email@example.com.
14. A Random draw for the Grand Prize will be made at the Hockey Hall of Fame offices 30 Yonge Street, Brookfield Place, Toronto, Ontario on Friday, December 5, 2014 at noon p.m. EST from all eligible entries received on or before 11:59 a.m. the day before the draw.
To be declared a winner of the Grand Prize, potential winners must correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question by phone or email at a predetermined mutually convenient time. Winners will be required to sign a standard declaration and release form, confirming compliance with the contest rules and releasing the Hockey Hall of Fame, its partners and affiliates and their respective advertising and promotional agencies from all liability. Winners are responsible for the proper use of the Prize once awarded and acceptance of the Prize as awarded releases the Hockey Hall of Fame, its partners and affiliates and their respective advertising and promotional agencies from any loss or damage sustained in relation to the Prize.
There will be no cash surrender value, no substitutions for, nor transfer of the Grand Prize unless the Hockey Hall of Fame in its sole discretion substitutes any Prize with a Prize of equivalent or greater value, in the event of the unavailability of any component of the Grand Prize or for any reason whatsoever. Grand Prize must be accepted as awarded. No substitution or transfer of Grand Prize is allowed. Grand Prize is not redeemable for cash or credit, neither in whole nor in part.
Potential winner of Grand Prize who have not yet reached the age of majority must be accompanied by a parent/legal guardian to confirm compliance with all Contest Rules before being declared a winner. In awarding the Grand Prize, the decision of the Contest Judges is final. Grand Prize Winner must agree to their name and/or photo being used without compensation for publicity purposes. In the event a Grand Prize Winner is unable to redeem any or all of the prize components due to reasons beyond the control of the Hockey Hall of Fame and the prize suppliers, no compensation nor substitutions will be provided.
15. If a potential winner is unable to answer the skill testing question, fails to provide proof of identity, refuses to swear and return an affidavit of compliance and a waiver of liability, or is found to have violated the rules of the Contest or otherwise does not meet all Contest conditions, the selected entrant will be deemed to have forfeited the prize in question and the Hockey Hall of Fame shall be entitled to select a new name from the qualified entrants. A similar process will be repeated until a new winner is contacted to claim the Grand Prize.
16. The potential winner of the Grand Prize Draw will be contacted within 48 hours following the Draw in which he/she was selected either by telephone or by e-mail at the telephone number or e-mail address, as the case may be, provided by the entrant during the Contest entry process. The Hockey Hall of Fame is not responsible, whether as a result of human error or otherwise, for any failure to contact any potential winner, and if the potential winner cannot be reached within 7 business days that potential winner will be deemed to have forfeited the prize in question and the Hockey Hall of Fame shall be entitled to select a new name from the qualified entrants.
17. The chance of winning Grand Prize depends upon the total number of eligible entries received on or before the date on which the draw for that Prize is held.
18. By entering this Contest, you agree to be bound by all of the official Contest Rules and the decisions of the Hockey Hall of Fame, which are final on all matters relating to the Contest. The Hockey Hall of Fame, in their sole discretion, disqualify any individual who is found to have tampered in any way with the operation of the Contest.
19. Information provided by Contest entrants will not be shared with anyone except as set forth in these Rules and in the Privacy Statement which appears at: https://www.hhof.com/html/privacy.shtml
20. This agreement will be governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario, Canada.